We maintain a short list of eligible and qualified roofers to fill positions as required. We are always looking for qualified shinglers and labourers – send us your resume or a detailed email of your experience and explain what you can offer Ottawa Home Exteriors.
Our top hiring priority is a roofing foreman.
Job Posting: Roofing Foreman
Position Type: Permanent Employee Position – Paid on an Hourly Basis
Salary: $30 per hour
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Ottawa Home Exteriors – Ottawa’s TRUSTED Roofing, Skylight and Sun Tunnel Experts
“We build our reputation one roof at a time!”
About Ottawa Home Exteriors
Ottawa Home Exteriors is a family run business. We provide our clients with brand-name products at a great price. Our dedicated team of loyal employees and their superior workmanship is why our clients put their trust in us.
Our company reputation is built on trust. We deliver high quality roofing and skylight/sun tunnel services to residential and commercial property owners. We also specialize in installing siding to match the color of the new roof. We stand behind our workmanship and offer a 10-year work warranty!
Our clients are SAFELY in our CARE. Our team of experts are all GAF Factory-Certified Roofing Contractors with Fall Protection and Lift Certifications (Working at Heights). Our Company is a BBB Accredited Business with WSIB and General Liability Insurance.
About Our Team
- We strive to be the most PROFESSIONAL roofing company to work for, with the best working conditions for our employees.
- We respect and consult our customers throughout the process, and we are accountable for the commitments we make.
- We believe in loyalty and in supporting each other as team members; we have a zero tolerance for any behavior that will impact our reputation as caring professionals that our customers can trust.
- Our team works on a variety of projects and they continuously help us improve the quality of our service offerings. Our goal is to offer a variety of services year-round.
Overall Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Owner, the Project Foreman is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the crew to ensure that project time-lines are met. He/she provides the necessary training on proper safety and operational procedures and performs the duties of the front-line safety officer for the site/project.
- Create a psychologically safe and healthy work environment and ensure that employees are demonstrating our team values at all times;
- Successfully lead the team and develop the unique talents of each of our team members;
- Plan, schedule and lead the different phases of projects;
- Negotiate with vendors, contractors and employees to ensure that project deliverables and milestones are met;
- Secure relevant permits, licenses and ensure the timely delivery of materials and equipment to work sites;
- Monitor and report (daily) on project progress, employee productivity and compliance with building code and safety requirements;
- Ability and willingness to learn how to create, track and refine project budgets, cost estimations, change requests, and issue resolution activities;
- Mediate and resolve conflict and negotiate common-ground solutions;
- Implement process improvements to align with industry best practice; and
- Prepare and submit daily inspection reports.
High School Graduation Diploma and/or College Trades Certification with a minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a team on a (residential or commercial) roofing project;
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid Driver’s license;
- Ability to meet the requirements of a Criminal Records Check with the local police service;
- Willingness to obtain GAF Certification; Working at Heights Certification and relevant Health and Safety Representative Certification;
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position (carry and load material more than 50 lbs., exposure to varying weather temperatures, working at heights, and ability to perform sedentary office work (5% of the time);
- Demonstrated understanding of the Ontario Building Code;
- Extensive experience in roofing and skylight/sun tunnel installation;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel;
- Strong leadership skills (critical thinking, planning, organizing, delegating);
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently and the ability to demonstrate professionalism and flexibility in high stress situations;
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem solving skills;
- Solutions oriented self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can identify and implement industry best practices; and
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with the Owner, colleagues, clients and vendors both in person and in writing.
Hours of work: The hours of work are typically any time between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Start times will vary from project to project and the expectation is that they will align with the start times requested by the client. Incumbents must be able to demonstrate flexibility during peak work periods by making themselves available to work overtime hours as needed. Hours may be adjusted for projects that are postponed due to inclement weather which may (on an exceptional basis) require work on a weekend.
The following are not requirements of the position; however, they will be considered an asset:
- Access to a vehicle;
- Industry specific certification/training; and
- Ability to communicate in French
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note, there is no closing date for this posting. It will close when we have received the appropriate number of qualified applicants.